Homag Group to acquire stake in Danish Kallesoe Machinery

Homag Group to acquire stake in Danish Kallesoe Machinery

With the majority takeover of the Danish machine manufacturer Kallesoe Machinery A / S, the Homag Group is further expanding its solid wood segment.

Kallesoe specializes in high-frequency presses for the production of cross-laminated timber panels. The company, founded in 1969, has around 70 employees and generates sales of around € 20 million and has installed around 500 presses worldwide. Homag takes over 70% of the shares in Kallesoe Machinery A/S from the Christensen family, the remaining 30% remain with the Kallesoe family. The purchase price is in the low double-digit million euro range.

“As a system supplier, we want to offer as many technologies as possible for timber construction from a single source”, explains Ralf W. Dieter, CEO of Homag Group AG. “Due to the boom in the wooden house market, component production is becoming increasingly industrialized and automated. We are developing the solid wood business into a second pillar alongside our activities with the furniture industry."

As a result of the acquisition, the Homag product range covers a good 70% of the process chain in the manufacture of laminated timber elements. Homag has bundled its solid wood activities in the new Solid Wood Processing division.

The subsidiary WEINMANN plays a central role with production systems for timber construction, for example frame and wall stations. In addition, there is the machine manufacturer System TM, which was acquired in the previous year and which is also based in Denmark and offers systems for sorting, optimizing and finger-jointing solid wood boards. Kallesoe has already cooperated with System TM on several projects in the past.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *